The impressive Moudari Lighthouse and the idyllic sunset
This lighthouse was built in 1901. The height of its stone tower is 25 meters and its focal height is 110 meters. It was built by the British to facilitate navigation in the strait created in the sea area between Kythera and Elafonisos.
The lighthouse is located at Cape Spathi which is the northernmost point of Kythera, near the area of Karava and next to the beach of Ag. Nikolaou.